Maximize your settlement. Protect your Public Benefits.
Trusted Virginia personal injury settlement consulting lawyers.
Will you or your client soon receive a personal injury settlement? Do you or your client receive Medicaid, Medicare, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or other public benefits? Have you already received a settlement amount, but just aren’t sure how to best manage the details of how to benefit long-term from your award? Oast & Taylor’s legal team, with years of experience working with personal injury attorneys and their clients, can help you organize, plan and maximize your settlement experience.
Along with a settlement, there often come specific guidelines, benefits that must be managed as they relate to the case, and other areas that can be overwhelming at times. Oast & Taylor can:
- Review and assess your public benefits, such as Medicaid, Medicare, SSI, and SSDI, and determine how your settlement will affect these benefits
- Development of a plan to minimize your award’s impact on your public benefits
- Determine whether a Medicare Set-Aside is necessary
- Complete any necessary special needs planning, including establishing an Individual Special Needs Trust or Pooled Special Needs Trust Account
- Assistance with the settlement of cases on behalf of minors, creation of a Preservation Trust, and providing advice on methods to fund the settlement
- Representation at the settlement hearing, to explain to intricacies of the plan and the provisions of the trust agreement
- Offer counsel on the possibility of establishing a Qualified Settlement Fund (QSF), a tool that may speed up settlement of your case
Are you interested in discussing your Personal Injury Settlement options? Click here to submit an online request and we will be happy to discuss your needs and concerns.